Thursday, April 30, 2009

Torn Between Two Places

I am in an interesting dilemma.

I am stuck between the love of my hometown of Ancaster and the small town of Lindsay where I go to school for Fish and Wildlife Technology.

In Ancaster, I have all my high school friends and my beloved parents. I know where everything is and the streets are familiar. At home, I have my bedroom full of all my stuff - my books, my CD collection, my collection of art - and my beloved pet; two dogs and two gerbils.

In Lindsay, I have my college friends. I have my independence and a beautiful home which is already like my second home. I cook, clean and provide for myself which has given me great confidence. I love my program and I love where it is taking me. The air is fresher and I feel so alive. At school, I am so full of esteem and happiness that it is addictive.

The best thing, and coincidentally the worse part, is that I am constantly switching back and forth between the two places. I guess I do not have to choose between them; I am free to drift. However, it seems whenever I am in Ancaster I want to talk to my Lindsay friends and vice versa when I am in Lindsay.

Whatever...I love them both.


- Jeffrey

No comments: