Saturday, March 27, 2010

March 27th; Loved Ones


Sometimes, we make mistakes:


Snatched – gone – taken from your home
The terror beyond your unseeing eyes
Stolen from the world that you have never known
Never hearing your mother’s sorrowful cries

You will not get the chance to scurry
To play and to enjoy your beautiful youth
The Hounds of Hell took you away in a hurry
Filched of the period where you could run aloof

I held your hand in mine
I could feel the sadness in your heart
The pressure in my own
And the hurt inside of my breast
“You will never be opening your eyes”
It was all I could think as I dried your hair
I looked inside to find some life
All I found was more pain in there
I am sorry I took you from the Earth
The kind nurse of bone, leaf and soil
Now you are violated and decapitated
Left in an orange bag – left only to spoil

Detached – done – I’m a beast and no less
I love you too late so I suffer the pain
I thought I could help but I was wrong
There some are things I cannot obtain

Once I was a saviour – but that is no more
I failed to be your kind human friend
I remember your grey, black and white patterns
But I cannot put your sweet body back again



- Jeffrey

1 comment:

TelevisionBox said...

Aw this is s beautiful. :)