Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11th; The Lounging Figure on My Bed


So what is up with me? I will tell you what you what is up – a bunch!

Friday-Saturday-Sunday was a three day combo-smash in my face. I actually enjoyed it. The funny thing is that it was pretty intense. I went through a huge range of emotions. I was shocked that I was able to go through that kind of thing and not explode.

Perhaps I am playing it up too much. Allow me to explain.

On Friday, I took the GO Bus to Toronto where I met up with the fabulous Bronwen. We decided together that first things first – we needed to do lunch. Her father took us out to a nice Thai place called "Spring Rolls" where the food was excellent. I felt a little guilty that he paid for all of it but I let it go. There is no use in dwelling on something like that.

After the meal, Bronwen and I went to The World’s Biggest Book Store where we got NO books at all (sacrilege!) I suggested a bunch of stuff but nothing caught either of our eyes. By the time we exited the book store, it was raining. We ran across the street to HMV where I picked up a CD for my good buddy (that’s you, Kyle). With the CD purchased, it was nearing the time we needed to head back to the train station so we could meet up with her father. We figured we would just grab a coffee and wait. That did not quite happen. We were told some directions to take by her father but – alas – we suck and got lost. And so began the adventure in the rain!

Thankfully we got to the train in time, had some time to dry off, breifly went back to her place, and then proceeded to go another restaurant for dinner. Once again, it was delicious. I had the opportunity to meet her friends and I get to know her family a bit more. Afterward, we all when we back to Bronwen's house and chatted over coffee. I can honestly say, Bronwen's family is great.

The entire experience was wonderful. I got home at around 11:15pm and couldn’t sleep for several hours. I was just so happy. I filled that time just silently smiling to myself. This was slightly unfortunate since I had in-class driving school at 9:00am the next morning. Even though I was down some sleep, it was pretty good. The instructor is Jamaican and called the Philippino a “China-man” and some of the classmate are hilarious. How could one not have fun? Sunday was basically rinse-wash-repeat of Saturday.

I have been driving a lot - getting that experience behind the wheel - which is great. I love the independence and the confidence that I am building. The autonomy that I will have once I have a G2 will not only be freeing but will make me feel better about myself. I cannot wait to get it. It will be a good thing for me and my personal development. However, I guess I will have to get a vehicle and insurance…blah blah blah! We’ll tackle that when we get to it.

Things are pretty good. I am happy for the most part. There are a few wrinkles to iron out but those will be attended to in time. There is nothing to fret about.

No comments: