Wednesday, May 26, 2010

May 26th; Making Connections


Through the hot, humid days,
Through the unexpected surprises,
Through the drinks and drunken conversations,
I have found something that just might be peace.

Plus, how can I not be happy when I have kittens. They have really brightened the last few days. They remind me to stay perky and positive.

Forget about my shortcoming and all the “should haves" my life, I am content. I do not need to dwell on those things. I once thought it was a good thing to be always looking for a way to improve myself. Now I know that sort of ambition can tear me apart. Acceptance is something I need to – well – to accept. It is all right to be happy with just being the person you are.

I went drinking last night. The experience was amazing. I love catching up with old friends. I am beginning to understand what this whole “partying” mentality is about. No, I will not be staying up until the wee hours of the night everyday but now and then I think it is good for the soul.

I have the opportunity to really think about things and the experiences I am having. Perhaps it is not great to be so introspective but it does allow me to make connections between things. Some say I should get a hobby but I rather enjoy just staring in the expanse and thinking.

I am writing. I have this really cool idea for a story. I think I will have to storyboard it first and then write the “meat” of the story. This idea for novel has been brewing for almost 10 years now. That’s a heck of a long time. Part of me just wants to get it out, you know? It is a fantasy and any one reads that genre knows how out of hand stories can get in that realm.

Oh well, I guess that is for now. I am sure to write again soon.


- Jeffrey

No comments: