Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31st; Adventures and Road Rage


The last three days have filled my head with almost too much to handle. However, this is a good thing.

I would say the good feelings began the moment she texted me that she was coming home. Arrangements made, I arrived at Bronwen’s house at noon on Saturday. Almost immediately we were in the pool and swimming (after a bite of lunch with Donella and Bronwen). I am not a fan of chlorine so I was overjoyed when I realized it was salt water. If you have never swum in a salt water pool, you must try.

I got the pleasure to mingle with Bronwen’s friends and family. This included Shiva (the cat) and Jackson (the dog) which I can admit was one of the highlights. I just really love animals.

I ended up staying over so I could prolong the enjoyment. Good choice. Shiva visited me as I was drifting off. There are few things better than slipping into lala-land than during the gentle massage of a cat purring on your belly. Plus, the morning and afternoon that followed was pretty awesome as well.

It felt a pretty bittersweet leaving. I like home life but a little taste of something different was fun. A lot of fun.

Today was a first – an in-car driving lesson. I got to drive around with Wray – the crazy Jamaican – which was excellent. I think I did well. Apparently there is this thing called a parking brake. A bunch of people use it. I never knew. Other than that, it was great. As the lesson went on, I grew more and more confidence. A wise little birdie told me that confidence is important.

The days that follow are looking good. I pumped out a bunch of applications and resumes. Soon I will have a G2 and more freedom. Paradise awaits.

- Jeffrey

No comments: