Thursday, April 15, 2010

April 15th; Measured Milestones


It hard to believe but I am a week away from being done all of my second year Fish and Wildlife courses. Technically, I could graduate. However, I have other plans…

This is how things are looking:

Monday April 19: Limnology II exam and Environmental Issues final test.

Wednesday April 21
: Animal Pathology final test and Wildlife Diseases exam.

Thursday April 22
: Natural Resource Law exam.

In a way, I am surprised I am as relaxed as I currently am. On the other hand, there really isn’t much to freak out about. In all cases, I know my stuff and I just have to refresh my memory on a few elements. I am confident that I will do all right.

This summer it looks like I will be working at Humane Wildlife Control. I have some concerns if my body is physically up to the challenge but I have been reassured that my dedication and determination will more than make up for some of my short-comings in that area (Thanks, Kyle).

The hard work factor aside, I am pretty freaking excited for that possibility. It is exactly the kind of thing I want to be doing right now. I want to build my understanding of how humans and animals interact. I want firsthand experience with settling those issues. Most of all, I want to be in a position where I can relate to the public and have the feeling that I am helping society.

I may be a weakling now but hopefully I will be jacked by the end of the summer if I do get this job.

Besides the school and work environment – which I tend to spend too much time dwelling upon – I am really pumped to come back home. I miss my friends like I miss being able to eat ice cream without abdominal pain and diarrhea. That is pretty intense. I have a few things lined up but I hope to plan some more. I realized through this semester that I really do not give much recognition to how important my friends are to me. By all right, they should have my full attention.

Finally – I am a bit disappointed that my landlords have not gotten back to my friends who wish to live with me next year. I really do not understand how they could be willy-nilly with the prospect of four guaranteed cheques of 4 month’s rent. That is something like 7500 dollars that they are potentially turning their nose up to.

Perhaps there is something complicating issues. Maybe there are other people are looking to rent (it is an amazingly beautiful house). However – these three girls are cut from quality cloth. They won’t be messing up the house like other people in college would. The four of us are serious students. That is nothing to turn a blind eye to.

Anyways…this is getting long.

Hope all is well in the world. It certainly is looking positive from where I am standing.


- Jeffrey

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also miss the days where you could eat ice cream without getting diarreha. lets bake gluten free goodies for your mummy