Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18; Just Another Day in Paradizzle


I am not sure what to say…LIES!

Recent days have, once again, been very good to me. Instead of doing my usual intensive studying, I have been taking some time to enjoy myself. This sounds a bit weird, but it has been a bit uncomfortable. I am having some genuine fun, but it feels a bit out of character for me (a.k.a. wrong).

Thursday, the fly-fishing club had a black crappie cook off (the fish were caught off a fly). I had two pints, biked home and then drank some more beer. It was pretty ridiculously good fun. I had some pretty good conversations that day. There was a twinge of guilt but I was able to push it down.

Saturday, I ended up going to Whitby with my friend Bronwen and saw the always enjoyable Alice in Wonderland. It was a pretty cool movie – not what I was expecting but it was quite good. Following that we went out for some Thai, drove back to Lindsay and talked the night almost away.

As for today – I have been doing a lot of thinking and studying. I have been wrestling with whether I should change programs for some time. Third year of Fish and Wildlife promises to be a challenge. I would be lying if I said I that I would not mind having to “kick back” in school. Fish and Wildlife has been busy enough. I do not necessarily need another turning up of the pace.

However – I decided today to stick with Fish and Wildlife. It is going to be a lot of work but I am ready for it. I have the work ethic. I have the dedication. I have the intelligence. Everything else will fall in place. This is going to be good for me and – most likely – a lot of fun as well.

If I can retain my sanity for just a week more, I will be home free. The next four months will be dedicated to friend, family, pets and a job. Somewhere I will fit in collecting some plants. Possibly I can incorporate some of the previous mentioned categories to assist me. Hunting for vegetation can be fun if you know how to make it less about getting plants and more getting you waders full of water and pretending to be the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Take care.


- Jeffrey

No comments: