Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6th; Days to the Brim


It has been an interesting couple of days:

I have been through hell and back, so to speak. Although it was just a infection it was pretty serious. It was literally a matter of life and limb. If it got into the heart...whatever.

I went to the cottage for some R&R and realized that I belong with nature. It makes me feel good. The air is breathable. The smells are palatable. The sights are worthy of going blind over.

Today was an experience: I performed a mammal necropsy on a muskrat, I filled out an accident report, studied aquatic invertebrates, ate Manwich (yum), I got a drive home from my pathology professor, biked to Canadian Tire to get a lunch box, started to make a sandwich and realized that the bread had poppy seeds in them (allergic) and then flopped down on my bed when I noticed that I hadn't purchased some salt for my opossum hide.

Life has been full lately. Very, very full. Once again I feel that tug to go back to the basics. I am very much looking forward to a summer of free-living. It would be nice to work.

I am going to go before my head explodes.

Love


- Jeffrey

No comments: