Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 8th; School of the Fin and Fang


It is kind of strange how one little comment can change your entire mood.

I was sitting in Animal Pathology class when my friend turned to me to ask what I was doing this weekend. We swapped plans and somehow got on the topic of next years. She asked me if I intended to come back for the third year of Fish and Wildlife. I said I did. Then she mentioned the aquatic vegetation collection.

I pretty much just denied it until the end of the lecture. The class happened to end 15 minutes before the next lecture so I popped over to the Wildlife lab to speak to John. Apparently there is another vegetation collection…and it is 100 species this time - 100 aquatic species.

It was hard enough to collect 80 species when it was common stuff that you find all around the place. This time it is all aquatic. This prompted me to look up what the courses are for next year.

Big Game and Fur Management I
Environmental Analysis
Fall Field Camp
Field Placement
Limnology III
Sport and Commercial Fisheries
Waterfowl Management

Applied GIS
Big Game and Fur Management II
Environmental Monitoring
Environmental Sampling and Analysis
Field Placement
Fisheries and Wildlife Research Project
Integrated Habitat Assessment
Winter Field Camp

It sounds pretty freaking cool. I am not AS excited for the Fisheries stuff but that is only one class. I have been struggling with my study skin so the Big Game and Fur Management is kind of intimidating. However, I do really enjoy a challenge.

I am just so worried about things. I want to stop thinking about school 24/7. I want to actually enjoy the summer this year rather than just “tolerate” like I did last year. I wonder if this is the right thing for me. I wonder if I am just doing this because it “seemed like fun”. It is crazy.

For the time being, I will sit with it. I am a tough cookie. I can deal with it.

Still – I feel like I need a little extra something to help me along. Pray for me?


- Jeffrey

No comments: